We welcome comment, criticism and debate on Place North East, but ask that participants adhere to the following community standards:
- Ensure discussion is relevant and on topic
- No personal attacks or abuse, especially where the person is named
- Keep arguments constructive, succinct and to the point
- Do not impersonate or mock someone else
- Do not use swear words or other offensive, racist or sexist language
- Do not post potentially libellous or defamatory comments, which might unduly damage the reputation of an individual or a company
- Do not post commercial promotions, spam or sales pitches
- Do use proper, well-written sentences, avoiding block capitals and typos, and take the time and care to put forward a reasonable argument
We will not approve comments if they do not follow the guidance above.
We reserve the right to stop comment threads on stories if the conversation goes too far off-topic or becomes overly negative and disrespectful to the community.
We also reserve the right to edit comments if one part of the statement is fair and reasonable, but another part fails to comply with the policy.